When you arrive at Northway Animal Hospital, you can expect quality care for your pet
At Northway, out of respect for your time and to minimize chaos, we try to handle as much as we can by appointment. Give us a call and we will do all we can to get your pet taken care at a time convenient to you. When you arrive we will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time.
Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it. But we realize unforeseen medical situations do occur. If your pet has a condition that requires immediate care and our appointments are full the receptionist will recommend that you bring your pet in and leave them in the hospital with us. Our team will triage them and work their care in between our other appointments.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- Once checked in, one of our team members will see you into the exam room and weigh your pet.
- A veterinarian will then meet you, gather basic information about your pet’s health, examine your pet, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments are usually performed in one of our treatment rooms.
- When the veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where your billing and future appointment bookings will be handled.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our team members to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to the technician or the doctor about them.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide, and we would be delighted to see you again.